Pages

Dec 11, 2011

China, in and out!

So I went to China for the "Shaun White Air & Style". I only stayed for three days so I didn't really have the time to check out the city. I've already been to Beijing a couple years ago so I didn't feel that bad about it. The venue for this year was the Birds Nest, the chinese national treasure. A huge stadium which was built for the summer olympic games 2008, it fits 80.000 people! The architecture of it is amazing. The level of riding was no less impressive! One more time I have to say I'm happy I don't have to do competitions anymore. Every single rider was killing it but the norwegians slaughtered it!

I flew with the new A-380. It's a nice plane and so on but the fact that it fits twice the amount of passengers doesn't really help out the line at immigrations!
The Birds Nest
Impressive
A lot of steel was used to build this thing.



Weird signs
Mikkel and Charles taking a first look at the venue.
Welcome to the show!
(thanks for the picture Gabe!)

Gabe
Lasse and happy Mikkel
There was a lot of this kind of spectators.
Stale was riding so well all day!
John was stoked.
..this guy not so much.
The boyz!

Grilo
Torgir
Mikkel, smooth and stylish as usual
Well deserved winners. Congrats to Norway!
Peace out China

1 comment: