So it's been a while since my last post but I have been really busy with work and I was on the road for over a month. The contest schedule this season was again stacked with on and on events. Though I have to say that I had a lot of fun. Most of the events were really good to watch and I managed to squeeze in a lot of runs myself. It's funny that way but when I think back now, it went by so fast and I'm having a hard time to remember what happened so I'll go in reverse order. The highlight was definitely the BEO. The beautiful weather all week and the best hit run in the world helped. It was great to see so many happy faces and how much fun everybody had riding there. Followed by the 30th annual of the US Open. Even though the first few days were Vermont like, super cold. It cleared for the second part of the week and turned into a summer shred as well. Highlight there was Shaun's appearance for the pipe comp. One more time he showed who the boss is when it comes down to pipe riding! Not quite sure what to think about his outfit. The X-Games in France where we again had great conditions was so much better than the last years. The slopestyle course was as well as the one in Laax really good to ride and so was the riding level. I think the key for a good slopestyle competition is to have a course which is big enough for guys and girls so they are all able to make all the tricks on the same jumps. My favorite thing there was for sure the snowboarders versus skiers discussion. For every single argument Simon Dumont and his buddies had, Danny had an answer. And the best thing was his last words before he left the bar: "The only thing I actually wanted to say is that snowboarding is just way cooler than skiing"! Great words to finish up a good contest season!
EURO X-GAMES
Tignes, FRA

Cilka, Helene and Hasi eXtreme!

Hitsch is in my top five for all time favorite methods!

Whatever Danny does, it looks good!

I guess the tight pants help Shaun gain so much speed! Don't hate on the player, hate the game!

Burton TM's Hasi and Susie

Sketchy Gabe and Lasse

That's what I call a serious GoPro set up!

McLovin

Alek rode so good!

Chas was the first ever guy to do three twelves in a run but the judges obviously didn't notice that!

Stale does the best back 1080° double in the game!

McLovin smooth as usual!

Shaun definitely got way too many points but he still deserved that first place I have to say.

Henry looks delicious!

Alex "Mini Dalton" Rieger

Congrats Sparky


It was actually fun watching the girls finals. They definitely stepped it up this season, good to see!

You call this a Shaunference! Shaun talks, the other guys are just bored.

The family was there too. Gigi came to pick up his silver medal for the Real Snow.

If you haven't seen the videos you better get on it. They are sick!
BURTON US OPEN
Stratton Mtn, VT

Kjersti and Cilka

Gotta love America!

Alex and Alex

How bad do those skiers wanna be snowboarders instead.

Hitsch

Seppe

Good to see you too, Danny

The Nike gang, Jon, Doom and Spencer

Ulrik, Mark and Gary

Selfportrait

Broc

Little Dave

Kyle Mack

Sina

Hitsch

Good job Dave! The swiss physio Vero.

Pat playing the guitar

The burton baussses Marian, Sam, Knox and Nike's Dave

Always great to see Kevin, Adam and Danny

team work

Kazu
You don't even wanna know how many questions I got about this performance.

Ryo

Greg

It's cool to see that style still matters!

Danny

Stale, the overall TTR champ!

Cilka, the overall TTR chicks champ!

Winners!
BURTON EUROPEAN OPEN
Laax, CH

The slopestyle course got moved to the sunny side of the mountain this year which was the best decision ever! It was for sure not the biggest course but there was a bunch of creative obstacles and lines to do and it was good for the girls too! The great and warm weather we had all week caused a shortage of sun block!

Mark and Stale

Simon Gruber

Danny was stoked too!

Jack and Danny

Burton team bosses, Kevin, Adam and Hasi!

B-boy session by Alex, the wax guy and Method Mag's Alexis!

Kevin is a straight up guy!

15 year old Tim-Kevin made it in the finals, no biggie!

Everybody was stoked to see Danny do well in the pipe! Congrats to second place buddy!

Hitsch got fourth....again!

I'd be stoked if I could do regular methods like Peetu does them switch here!

The freestyle academy in Laax is always fun times. Mark and Roope

Hasi and the Nike guy Kuon

Hasi and the Nike guy Jonathan

Winners!

RIVER JUMP
Livigno, ITA

Welcome to bella Italia. Livigno is a little tax free town close to the swiss boarder. Best thing about it, Pizza and cheap gas! The park they have is actually pretty good too!

Italian police

Roope

Sparky

Mark's speed looks alright

This means knuckle for Ulrik!

crowd


Congrats to Roope for 1st and
to Mark for 3rd and best trick!
WORLD SNOWBOARDING CHAMPIONSHIPS
Oslo, NOR

Oslo is one of the nicest places I know. Great looking girls, good taste of music, fashion and food. It's just way too expensive! No idea how people can afford to live there.

Probably one of the best pipes this season!

Kelly's run for gold!

Peetu upside down!

Hitsch

Jack

Why not drive an american car in a country where fuel is as expensive as gold!
Zack and Lasse gangsta style

Kim Rune Hansen going for best trick and 2nd overall!

Jack

Uncle T of course won biggest air and overall 3rd

That's how Fischi is taking care of business.

Olivier going huge!
Congrats on the fisrt place

Champagne

Over 30 and still killing it!

Mister Bird Flu, Ethan and the bausss

Peetu


Winners

Green is the new black!
Susie, Sani and Birgit

What a great podium!

peace out
0 comments:
Post a Comment